I have learnt from bitter experience
I have used different hosts over the years and I have learnt that choosing the right host can make a huge difference to the speed of your website's performance. This is an increasingly important ranking factor. Admittedly, there are websites where that is not so important, but if it is a business you are running, then you want a premium host with 24/7 technical support and properly configured servers.
Many hosts throttle the resources they claim to give and others may not throttle these resources but charge you an arm and a leg for the privilege. When resources are throttled, you will be facing all sorts of issues as time passes that are too numerous to outline here. It is a pain you do not want to have.
I have spent many weeks testing different hosts and now host all my sites with a company that is
1) Affordable and reasonably priced
2) Offer the resources they claim to such as 2GB LVE RAM for every WordPress install
3) Has unlimited bandwidth and SSD for each Website.
4) Has 24/7 tech support
5) Has independent remote backups
7) Has data centres around the world
8) Uses Litespeed servers with the worlds best caching
9) Runs on the Digital Ocean network